Monday, August 4, 2014

AOI TESHIMA - Sayonara No Natsu


Sayonara no Natsu (song)

Jump to: navigation, search

Sayonara no Natsu

("Summer of Goodbye", theme song of From Up on Poppy Hill)
Goro Miyazaki mentioned at the theme song press conference that this song was recorded the day before the earthquake, and he feels this song is not only the love song of a young woman but also like a requiem.
This is the second song written for Kokuriko.
Performance note: For the movie version, only verses one and three are used. The 'Song Collection' and 'Maxi Single' versions use all three verses.
1.
光る海に かすむ船は
Hikaru umi ni kasumu fune wa
さよならの汽笛 のこします
Sayonara no kiteki nokoshimasu
The ship veiled in the shining sea leaves a whistle of the good-bye.
ゆるい坂を おりてゆけば
Yurui saka wo orite yukeba
夏色の風に あえるかしら
Natsu iro no kaze ni aeru kashira
Will I meet the wind of summer color if I go down the gentle slope?
わたしの愛 それはメロディー
Watashi no ai sore wa melody
たかく ひくく 歌うの
Takaku hikuku utau no
My love, it's a melody. I sing highly and low.
わたしの愛 それはカモメ
Watashi no ai sore wa kamome
たかく ひくく 飛ぶの
Takaku hikuku tobu no
My love, it's a gull. I fly highly and low.
夕陽のなか 呼んでみたら
Yuuhi no naka yonde mitara
やさしいあなたに 逢えるかしら
Yasashii anata ni aeru kashira
Will I meet tender you if I call for you in the setting sun?

2.
だれかが弾く ピアノの音
Dareka ga hiku piano no oto
海鳴りみたいに きこえます
Uminari mitaini kikoemasu
The sound of the piano somebody plays sounds like sea rumble.
おそい午後を 往き交うひと
Osoi gogo wo yukikau hito
夏色の夢を はこぶかしら
Natsu iro no yume wo hakobu kashira
Do people coming and going in the late afternoon carry the dream of summer color?
わたしの愛 それはダイアリー
Watashi no ai sore wa diary
日々のページ つづるの
Hibi no peeji tsuzuru no
My love, it's a diary. I spell a daily page.
わたしの愛 それは小船
Watashi no ai sore wa kobune
空の海をゆくの
Sora no umi wo yuku no
My love, it's a boat. I go the sea of sky.
夕陽のなか 振り帰れば
Yuuhi no naka furikaereba
あなたはわたしを 探すかしら
Anata wa watashi wo sagasu kashira
Will you look for me if I look back in the setting sun?
3.
散歩道に ゆれる木々は
Sanpo michi ni yureru kigi wa
さよならの影を おとします
Sayonara no kage wo otoshimasu
Trees shaking in a promenade cast a good-bye shadow.
古いチャペル 風見の鶏
Furui chapel kazami no tori
夏色の街は みえるかしら
Natsu iro no machi wa mieru kashira
Can the weathercock of an old chapel see the town of summer color?
きのうの愛 それは涙
Kinou no ai sore wa namida
やがて かわき 消えるの
Yagate kawaki kieru no
The yesterday love, it's tears. It dries before long and disappears.
あしたの愛 それはルフラン
Ashita no ai sore wa refrain
おわりのない言葉
Owari no nai kotoba
The tomorrow love, it's a refrain. Words without the end.
夕陽のなか めぐり逢えば
Yuuhi no naka meguri aeba
あなたはわたしを 抱くかしら
Anata wa watashi wo daku kashira
Will you hug me if I meet you in the setting sun?

Note:
  • --- no, --- Kashira : Feminine words

Thanks to T. ISHIKAWA for the translation

No comments:

Post a Comment